A & W Cream Soda
A&W Cream Soda is a cream soda carbonated soft drink introduced by A&W in 1986. A&W Root Beer was first sold at a Veterans Day parade in Lodi, California in 1919 and the company established in 1922 by Frank Wright and Roy Allen. The first product they created was A & W Root Beer. It was not until 1986 that A&W Brands, headquartered in White Plains, N.Y. introduced A&W Cream Soda and A&W Diet Cream Soda through its network of franchised bottlers and distributors. Although cream soda had been created in 1852 by E.M. Sheldon, A&W Brands was one of the first American companies to make it commercially. In 1993, A&W Brands was purchased by Cadbury/Schweppes, and in 1995 Cadbury/Schweppes purchased the Dr. Pepper/Seven-Up Company, which made A&W a part of the Dr. Pepper/Seven Up, Inc. In 2001, DPSU purchased the Snapple Beverage Group (formally TriArc Beverages), and moved the New York-based company operations to its new headquarters. This acquisition put A&W within the same company as the top soda brand companies and made A&W Cream Soda the top brand in cream sodas.
No links have been set yet