The Cascelloid Company was founded by Alfred Edward Pallett in Coalville, Leicestershire in 1919 (ref: V&A Museum of Childhood website) to produce celluloid and fancy goods. Their first toy was in 1920 and the first doll in 1925.
Cascelloid was bought in 1931 by British Xylonite and the word "Palitoy" was created as a trademark in 1935 for their toy division. Injection moulding was developed by British Xylonite in 1941 and was used for the Palitoy toy ranges. In 1978 the Chad Valley toy company was sold to Palitoy.
No links have been set yet