Hot Wheels' First Appearance At San Diego Comic Con (2005)
From July 14th to July 17th, 2005, Hot Wheels made its debut into Comic Con brandishing two exclusives and sublines (Classics: Purple Passion limited to 3000, and Batman Begins: Tumbler pack limited to 3000) and spotlighting the AcceleRacers theme. Hot Wheels operated under exhibit Lot #3029 and booth number #3445.
Attendees saw the following attributes on display
- a rotating overhead mural featuring all 4 AcceleRacers teams
- the real life 1:1 Deora II car built for Hot Wheels' 35th anniversary
- AcceleRacers 1/64 lineup
- Acceledrome playset (not yet released prior to event)
- Collectible Card Game Starter Set, Booster Packs, and sample cards
- lenticular skateboard (only known final release was in Germany)
Among already released products, the exhibit hosted prototype AcceleRacers action figures. Though never released, the concept and execution was repeated for the Hot Wheels Speed Racer implementation.
This event was personally attended by Jeff Gomez, the founder of the '03-'05 Hot Wheels cinematic universe.
Related Action Figures
Related Model Cars