Get Involved


Click here for more details on becoming a Contributor, Curator or Champion

MPC

Brand

Model Products Corporation (MPC) of Michigan had been in the business of producing static kits and promotional models for many years when slot racing became popular. As early as 1964, MPC issued inventive RTRs and kits using an unusual American-made frame motor, in which the magnets held the armature bearings. Aluminium, barrel-shaped frame pieces were bolted onto this "Dyn-O-Charger" motor. The clamshell body halves sandwiched the frame, with long screws and nuts retaining the pieces together. This arrangement made the car heavy, but strong. It also lacked detailing and was quite simplistic. The first models issued were a Dodge Coronet sold in a striped card box, a Scarab MK1 and a Lancia-Ferrari. The last two were sold in big square boxes containing the parts in stacked trays, and the Scarab was also available as an RTR. By 1965, MPC acquired the services of Budd Anderson. Anderson helped design a newer aluminium pan-style frame and a new, Mabuchi-like motor, the "Dyn-O-Can." The first kit under his tenure was a 1957 Corvette. It had all the details that were missing from earlier kits. Anderson's second kit in 1966, was the Pontial GTO, then issued a series of "double kits" with a aluminium sidewinder chassis and two bodies. Several highly prized RTR followed, the series ending with vacuum plated Lola T70 RTR cars. MPC stopped all slot racing activities in October 1967.

  • {{ catalogItem['variantCount'] }} Variants
  • {{field.name}}: {{fieldValue.value}} {{fieldValue.value}} ,
  • {{catalogItem.catalogItemTypePrimaryEstimatedValueLabel}}: {{formatMoney(catalogItem.catalogItemPrimaryEstimatedValue)}}
  • {{catalogItem.catalogItemTypeSecondaryEstimatedValueLabel}}: {{formatMoney(catalogItem.catalogItemSecondaryEstimatedValue)}}

External Links

No links have been set yet

Sharing