Simba Dickie Group
The Simba Dickie Group is a German toy manufacturer founded in 1982 as Simba Toys. The Group is the fourth largest toy manufacturer in Germany. The company's slogan is "We love to make toys"
The company's headquarters are located in Fürth, Lavans in France and Hong Kong. Over 70% of the whole turnover is generated through foreign market sales. The Simba Dickie Group has subsidiaries in over 30 countries worldwide.
Simba Toys was founded in 1982 by Fritz Sieber and his son Michael in Fürth. In 1984 its Hong Kong office was established.
The Simba Dickie Group was created in 1993 when the independent companies Simba Toys and Dickie Toys merged into a single ownership. Dickie Toys was founded in 1971 by Wolfgang Sauerborn. After his death in 1993, Simba Toys took over this company.
Over the years the company acquired additional toy manufacturers and brands.
- 1993 Dickie Toys – plastic toys
- 1998 Eichhorn – wooden toys
- 1999 Schuco – model cars
- 2001 Noris-Spiele – creativity kits, games, and puzzles
- 2004 Big – plastic toys
- 2006 Nicotoy – plush animals
- 2008 Smoby Toys – plastic toys and play furniture
- 2008 Schipper – arts and crafts
- 2010 Zoch Verlag – board games
- 2010 Majorette - model cars
- 2010 Solido – model cars
- 2010 Heros – wooden toys
- 2013 Märklin - model railways
No links have been set yet